Here's a quick guide on how to get started with your own github repository, if you have been getting errors like these:
Permission Denied (publickey)
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Could not create directory '//.ssh'.
Saving the key failed: //.ssh/id_rsa.
1. Install mSysGit Full Installer
- Make sure to select "Use Unix Style Line Endings" instead of the default "Use DOS style line endings".
- Also choose the option that allows you to run git commands from the windows command prompt.
2. Generate ssh public key
- Run "Git GUI" from the start menu
- Help -> Show SSL Key -> Generate Key
- Accept all the defaults when generating a key
3. Add the key to your GitHub account
- Account Settings -> Add another public key
- Paste the key that msysGit generated into here
That should be it - you can now clone your own github repository. Use your favourite IDE that has Git support and you'll be cruising.